Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Don't just sit there and look pretty



These are the some of the horses I ride for two weeks every year at the H. F. Bar Ranch in Saddlestring, Wyoming.  They spend their winters grazing freely in the Bighorn Mountains. I've been thrown from a horse like this out there and landed in a hospital with a concussion and a lot of bruises and abrasions, faced myself and got back on a horse the next day to ride again.  I've also had to make some tough decisions about riding up steep mountainsides and along narrow cliffs. It's a place to enjoy scenery but also to test your limits and see what you have. Definitely not a place for sitting pretty.

I'm happy to enter the HORSES into smith kaich jones' Sitting Pretty blogcall at Emma Tree.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Lordy - I just laughed right out loud when this popped up on my computer screen! Who you calling pretty indeed? LOL! Perfect ending for my late night internet business and a much needed laugh!!

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horses and I have a heathly respect for each other and a mutual agreement that I stay off of them and they don't bite me. I'm impressed with anybody who rides. I'm even more impressed with anybody that falls off a horse and gets back on. Wow :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are seriously some cute horse noses! And you know what they say about falling off those horses and getting right back on... way to face your fears Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great...good for you for getting back in the saddle again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the same thing~~horses do take right into the heart of life in so many ways! Thanks for the picture & your wonderful words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post for Debi's Sitting Pretty Challege! Love the shot of the horses... and, that you test your limits. Way to ride (and get back in the saddle).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy trails to you, and be careful out there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I just started laughing!!! This picture is hilarious!
    So adorable. Wish I could kiss her nose and tell her how pretty she really is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been so wonderful seeing the many different interpretations of this phrase. Love your humour, sense of fun, and resilience too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!